Tuesday 25 October 2011

Broken Bathtub equals unhappy Suzaki Family!

So the communal bathtub seems to have died.... I am not exactly sure what has happened to it, all I know is that the family cannot take their nightly baths... and are sad :(


A few nights ago, I was upstairs (watching Modern Family on my laptop) and the lights started flashing on and off...very odd. I wasn't too fussed as I was watching a good episode and thought Shota would come and get me if something serious had happened. They flickered on and off a few more times than seemed to stay on...so I ignored it. Later on Shota came upstairs, I asked him what was going on, he said "they'd been an accident"... I thought he meant out on the street, like someone had hit a pole and that’s why the lights were flickering....

No no there'd been an accident in the bathroom...although to me the incorrect use for the word accident had been used, as no one was hurt or broken. And the lights were flickering as they had been playing around fuse box. 

It turns out the bath is connected to the electric hot water system... which still works for Showers (thank god) but not baths...

This is the control panel for the Hot Water system in the hosue.

Two Japanese tradesmen have come to "fix" the Bath, on different nights...but with no success and they only stay for two minutes a time...as the problem is above them! So Chisa let me know that they are getting a whole new bath unit... They have had the current system for ten years, so they're not that upset about its death, more upset that they cannot have their baths of an evening....

I am yet to use that bath. But if/when I do have one, I will make sure I am the first one of the evening to use it...the thought of bathing in water after Shotas Mother, Father, Sister and Brother kind of scares me... we'll see.

These are the shoes you wear when cleaning the bathroom...I'm surpirsed they fit me!

1 comment:

  1. I love those boots, a mix between socks and crocs!!Ha ha XXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete