Saturday 15 October 2011

Happy Little Vegemite


Bought some vegemite today...so I am a happy little VEGEMITE. There is this great shop in Machida, full of imported goods. Although I am fully embracing the Japanese food, its nice to have some home comforts availible if the need arises. So this imported shop, to start with, what makes it so wonderful is that there is a lovely Japanese girl who greets you as you walk into the shop with a mini cup of amazing coffee! Shota and I were so excited :) as we love anything FREE and free coffee is the best. The shop has products from all over the world, but sadly is doesn't stock wine from New Zealand and my favourite wine from Australia, The Fifth leg Rose... but they did have vegemite, so they are forgiven. 

I had my first Japanese Class today....it was interesting. The classes are run by volunteers in the Machida area, and we pay 300 YEN, around $4 dollars for four classes. Cheap right? Well yes they are, only thing was I was paired with an American you has been learning Japanese for the past seventeen months... and spoke fluent Japanese! It was an interesting pair and the Teacher was confused as to how to teach me.... cos I was so fair below my felow classmate. But anyway the class for only for one hour and a half, I left with pages of photocopied paper covered in Kanji, my homework.



I realised today I haven't placed any photos up from my first 'real' Sushi experience... so here they are;




Later this afternoon we went to a clothing shop. Yes pretty similar to Australian clothing shops, only difference is when we go in to try on clothes you leave your shoes out the front of the fitting room...please see image below.



Shota was pretty impressed with a pair of "Slim Fit Jeans" as they're made from a stretchy material... think all my jeans are stretchy. But anyway he was impressed. I was more impressed that they take them up for you, yeah yeah, cos Japanese people are often short, their pants are always needed to be taken up. I on the other hand was to nervous to try on jeans so instead left the store with a pair of "Room Pants" or trackies in Oz.

 Everyone is really getting into the Halloween Spirit over here, a bit random but thats ok. I picked up some "pumpkin/cheese cake" flavoured Kit Kats, just to try... and they weren't bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment