Saturday 4 February 2012

Florence & the Machine!!!


Most of my friends know that I am quite obsessed with Florence & the Machine, ever since 2009 when I heard them on the radio when I was living in London. I was lucky enough to buy tickets to her concerts too, but sadly I left London before I could see her there, then I moved to Central Australia, so missed out on seeing her in Melbourne. It has been rather sad really L
Then on Christmas Day, we discovered that Florence and her band were coming to Japan. Performing for one night in Tokyo and we are living in Tokyo! It was meant to be J So Shota worked at securing us tickets for the concert, as the website was mainly in Japanese.
So on Wednesday the 1st of February I finally got to see the band and my goodness they did not disappoint!
The concert was at Akasaka Blitz, in Tokyo a rather small venue, but packed full of Foreigners J I actually had tears in my eyes when Florence appeared in stage… sad I know. She looked amazing, in a peach and pink Kimono, I was impressed with the ensemble, I think it was very fitting.
Every song was delivered with such strength and energy; you couldn’t help but get swept up in the moment. Florence seems to get into a zone, unaware of everyone standing in front of her, an amazing sight to see. Her voice somehow manages to be better than that on the album, with many pauses allowing for huge crescendos!  
A truly memorable concert, I can’t wait to see her and the band again.
Hope this video works, so you to can hear her incredible voice!
xxx



*The first photo was taken by the very talented Yoshika Horita, it was posted on the 'Florence & the Machine" facebook page.
**The second picture was taken from a website; http://www.musicman-net.com/artist/14957.html

2 comments:

  1. So jealous... Hate you a tiny bit. Love Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! You should be...she is amazing!!! xxx

      Delete