Sunday 12 February 2012

A Traditional Japanese Farewell Dinner

On Tuesday night we enjoyed amazing Japanese food with Nobutaka's Brother, his wife, their son and his wife and their very adorable daughter... a few of us really.

The Dinner consisted of many small dishes, many including tofu, as that is the restaurants speciality. The restaurant was traditional in style and we enjoyed a private room... pretty special :)

The food was delicous and surprisingly filling too! It surprised me as I am not used to eating many small dishes, but it was very enjoyable.

At the end of the night Shota and I were again presented with gifts, which we were very grateful for.

Here are the photos below;


This tofu dish was already waiting for me when we arrived.

My menu, we all had different ones. Chisa's was the smallest, Shota and his Father has the largest.



This was tofu, it was for Shota's cousins wife and I to share. It was made infront of us, at the restaurant... pretty cool! And tasted great! I love tofu!!


These were the things you add to your tofu, to add flavour.

It takes serious concentration to get your chopsticks in the right place...

The tofu that was made infront of me, two different sauces... a vegetable one and a beef one.





Group shot... I think Nobutaka's Brother, drinks more than he does :)





Nobutaka and his Brother... don't they look like twins??



Traditional Japanese Teapot!

They were actually talking to each other... so cute :)


I thought she was the cutest! And our entertainment for the night...

We left the restaurant, very full, but very happy! How could we not be? We ate (and ate) so many beautiful dishes, that tasted delicious!

I can confidently say that I have a new appreciation for Japanese food. I came here knowing about Sushi... but will leave knowing about sooooo many more dishes!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment