Monday 13 February 2012

Our Last Day out in Tokyo Town - & Shibuya at Night!!

Shota and I have now been to Asakusa three times, which is to Japanese people a lot. I know this because Chisa told all the family members last night when they were here and they were all surprised! Asakusa is in Tokyo and very touristy, hence why I like it. It is the perfect place to pick up gifts back to Australia... not that we have any room in our luggage to do so :(

Waiting in line, for the express train, for the last time :(


Anyway we spent a few hours enjoying the sunshine and enjoying the market stalls, we also had sushi for lunch, so we were both in good moods. Here are some of the pics Shota took from Asakusa;


My new favourite "peach" flavoured softdrink! It's amazing!! 

Then we went in Shibuya, which I have decided is my favourite part of Tokyo! It is mad! People everywhere, the busiest station, bright lights, large TV screens mounted on buildings and a Starbucks. The second highest earning Starbucks in the world, it overlooks the busiest crossing in Tokyo and only serves drinks in "Tall" size. I think that’s the biggest! We stopped for a coffee here, enjoying watching the crowds in the streets below. 


I then indulged in bit of a shop at FOREVER 21, my new favourite shop, with the help of my wonderful boyfriend who was very patient! Then Shota took some artistic shots of the crossing.





A small video of the craziness!!

Then after the "photo shoot" we met up with my friend Claire for a shop at H&M and Dinner and a drink... more sushi! :) 



It was a great day out in the city for us and I can't wait to hopefully bring my Sister back with us next time we visit! As she will definitely love Tokyo, drinking lychee alcoholic beverages and the occasional sushi dinner :p

Claire I will miss you heaps! It was so great to meet you and I hope our paths cross again in the future. Goodluck with your Japanese, you are already miles ahead of me, I'm sure by November you will be fluent!! Also all the best for the rest of your time here, I hope you find that perfect job and enjoy the rest of your time here in Japan.
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment